Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inspired by Polish Pottery

Lesley over at Always Playing with Paper posted this as inspiration for this week's challenge. Well, I happen to love Polish pottery, and I was truly inspired by the geometric symmetry of that piece in the bottom photo and I was determined to try to capture that feeling with my card. Of course, there was no red in that bottom photo, but well, I have just fallen in LOVE with Poppy Parade, and well, there was some red in that top photo, so...:oP


And, the inside. :o)

This card uses (all SU! unless otherwise noted):
Inks: Brilliant Blue, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, White Craft
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: "Baroque Motifs", PTI's "Signature Greetings"
Accessories: Daffodil Delight 5/8" grosgrain and 1/8" taffeta

A Note: Using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I stamped the flowers on the blue using the white craft ink, let them dry, and then restamped in order to get a more defined, darker image. Then, I went in with the Daffodil Delight marker and hit the centers of the flowers.

AND, as an added bonus, card number two for the day:
Did I mention I'm now in LOVE with Poppy Parade? Well, I couldn't help it and needed to make a copy of the card in it as well. I was not certain which one I would like more. I think the blue one more closely meets the inspiration piece, but I sure do love that Poppy one. :o)


Happy Stampin'!

--Rach

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Ooh, Rach! I just got my Poppy Parade in the mail and I LOVE it. I can't wait to take the time to play around a bit. Love these cards and the fact that you added the Daffodil Delight center!

Lissie said...

I love them. What more can I say?

Lissie

jaydee said...

Rach, you really captured the feel. The stamp set is perfect. I love the architectural feel of the card juxtaposed with the flowers. Great job incorporating the flowers on the inside, too!
I love both versions
Thanks for joining the Paper Players again this week!
hugs
jayde

Lesley said...

Awesome cards Rach! I am so excited to get my hands on that Poppy colour too! Love the ribbon treatment...very cool...
Smiles,
Lesley :)

LeAnne said...

Both cards are quite pretty---love them, in fact!

jimlynn said...

FABULOUS!!!!! Love those colors too. Great cards.
Lynn

Hands On said...

Wow. Great take on the challenge. Gotta love that flower from Baroque Motifs.