Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An Egg is Quiet

One of the most beautifully illustrated children's books I've seen in a long time is entitled, An Egg is Quiet.  The story is simple, peaceful, and the illustrations are GORGEOUS.  So, when I saw the "Nature Walk" stamp set in the Occasions Mini, I was struck by the eggs.

I've seen many many beautiful cards created with this set, but nothing CAS (clean and simple).  While I was with her, Lissie challenged me to use the set to make a CAS card, and this is what I came up with.  I wanted to highlight those beautiful eggs, but still use some of the other images as well.

This card uses:
*Stamp Set: "Nature Walk"
*Inks: Um, I can't remember the colors I used on the eggs--sorry!--and VersaMark for the body
*Paper: Crumb Cake, watercolor paper

I know it seems astounding that it should be so, but this card took me hours to create.  I just kept sitting there, staring at those eggs, trying to figure out what in the world I was going to do with them.  Sheesh. 

--Rach

No comments: