Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Birthday Wishes Color Challenge

 As much as I may long to get into my offudio to stamp and create, life (in the form of a Bit and a Bean) get in the way.  I finally MADE time to get in there (something I must do more often!) and managed to get a few cards made.  The first was a birthday card, the colors inspired by the color challenge over at the Paper Players.

The more I stamp, the more I realize my style definitely runs towards the clean and simple.  I adore looking at and admiring those cards that are more elaborate, but, alas, I can't seem to make them work for me.  :sigh:

So, I once more looked towards my CAS ways and a card was born. ;o)  As a SU! demo, I have the privilege of pre-ordering certain items, and this stamp set, "Pennant Parade" was one of those items.  I had a vision of birthday hats in my head, remembered I had some pom pom trim, and voila!

I'm absolutely tickled with how the card turned out.  :o)

This card uses:
*Stamp Sets: "Pennant Parade", "So Happy for You"
*Papers: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo
*Inks: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi
*Accessories: Daffodil Delight pom pom trim

--Rach

10 comments:

Lauri said...

Hi Rach! What a cute card!! I love how you used the pom poms! I have a whole roll and didn't know what to do with them so thanks for the inspiration!!! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Rach! This is uber cute! Love the pennants as hats and the pom-pom trim is delightful! Super use of our colors this week! So glad you play along with us at The Paper Players! :-)

LeAnne said...

This is definitely the cutest thing I have seen yet with this set (that I haven't even opened!!!)! It just makes me grin all over! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

jimlynn said...

This is just THE CUTEST!!!! Love the little pom poms on the hats!! Adorable card.
Lynn

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Such a cute card! I too have a roll of pom pom trim that I've been struggling with and this is a great idea for it. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely adorable, Rach! This has quickly become a favorite set of mine and I just love that you have shared a fun idea with it. That pom pom trim is the perfect touch! I also love how you combined all the colors in the sentiment, too. Very cute! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Bailey's Leaf said...

I have a love for pom poms and polka dots. You can't go wrong with either one. So there! Your next challenge is to make a card with pom poms and polka dots!

jaydee said...

Rach, this is - by far - the best use of the pompoms I have seen. What a fabulously creative way to incorporate the colors. Also... this sentiment set is perfect for the party hats.
Clean and simple and fabulous!
So glad you got the chance to join the Paper Players this week
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Adorable card, Rach! Such a creative use of this stamp set. The pompom trim is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Denise Willerton said...

LOVE your party hats Rach! Fabulous ~ I'll be CASing this for sure ~ TFS and have a wonderful day!