Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Brien's Father's Day Card 2011

 
Brien, is by trade, a map maker.  Okay, so it's something that is actually far more complicated than that, but he tells people he makes maps for a living.  So, when I saw "The Open Sea" stamp set, I knew I had to have it, if only for the map image.  

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a dreadful time with masculine cards.  This set lends itself to masculine cards beautifully.  I complimented the set with the "Nautical Expedition" DSP and was ready to roll. :o)  

I'm not a fan of snipping (I believe I may have mentioned that once or twice), but still snipped out the anchor and the needle for the compass.  I adhered the needle using a piece of the "Vintage Trinkets".  

I couldn't have been more pleased with how well the card turned out, and I can tell you B really seemed to like it.  :o)

This card uses:
*Stamp Set: "The Open Sea"
*Papers: "Nautical Expedition" DSP, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
*Inks: Crumb Cake (I still want to call it "Kraft"!), Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
*Accessories: "Vintage Trinkets" brad, dimensionals

--Rach

2 comments:

Bailey's Leaf said...

You did such a great snip job that initially, I thought that the anchor was one of those little charm thingies that you buy from the stamp aisle. I had to enlarge to check it out.

Lovely!

jaydee said...

Rach, I bet B loved this card. I am a great fan of this set for masculine cards. And how appropriate for B!
hugs
jaydee