Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Bitty's Birthday Cards

Lissie was busy on a cross-country trip for the past couple of weeks and knew she wouldn't be able to make Lil a birthday card and get it in the mail in time for it to arrive on her birthday.   So, she did what would any good grandmother do--ask their daughter to make the card. ;o)

I punched triangles using the Pennant punch and adhered Melon Mambo pom poms to them.  The stamp comes from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set. 


This card is our card to Miss Lily.  It is over-the-top blingarific and she should love it.  We'll see. ;o)

I stamped the horse from "Pony Party" in black Staz-On and colored her using Melon Mambo ink and a blender pen.  I added two-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds to strands of the mane and tail.  Blender pens are great because you can layer on color for more intense or less intense looks.


I stamped the wing and horn on the silver glimmer paper using black Staz-On, and cut and glued them on.  To give the wing a bit of lift, I added a dimensional at the top and simply adhered it to the bottom.

This card gives me a tooth ache just looking at it, but I know my Bitty girl will looooove it. :o)  After all, a girl only turns six once. :o)


1 comment:

Kelli said...

That is such a perfect way to use the pom pom ribbon...who knew!! She is going to love those cards...so girly and sparkly :)