Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons...

So, if you're a regular reader of my other blog, you know I've been down and out a bit due to forces beyond my control.  When stressed, I like to hunker down and be creative. 

I was closing in on midnight but still had just one more idea bumping around in my head and I knew I needed to get it out so I could sleep. Anyone else have that problem?  The one where your creative ideas just keep thumbing and bumping around and won't let you rest?  No? It's just me?  Ah...well...hm.

I have long adored SU!'s "Tart and Tangy" stamp set (it's still one of my all time faves--and I'm not sure if it's because of the the citrus or the cherries...) and knew I could pull together a fairly quick card.

I pulled out my Daffodil Delight and Kiwi Kiss stamp pads and went right to work.  I know, the lighting and color is all off in those photos up there.  I'm sorry. 

I stamped a bunch of slices on a scrap sheet of white card stock and punched them out and then cut them in half and adhered them to the base using dimensionals.  I hit the second card with some vanilla Smooch Spritz before stamping because, hey, who doesn't like a little sparkle and sheen on their summery cards? :o)

I stamped the sentiment on the lower right and they were finished.  Easy peasy lemon squeezey.  (No pun intended, although, it really does work there, doesn't it? ;oP)

This card uses:

*Stamp Sets: "Tart and Tangy", "Friendly Phrases"
*Inks: Kiwi Kiss, Daffodil Delight (although, since I'm going to make this card again, I may go with the retired Summer Sun as it is a brighter, more summer-y color)
*Paper: Whisper White
*Accessories: Vanilla Smooch Spritz, dimensionals

--Rach

1 comment: