Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Big On Variations

As I mentioned, I wanted to use my "Big on Christmas" stamp set this year, and did so yesterday with the snowman.  I also decided to pull out the "Noel" stamp and work with it.

My plan is to use my "Holly Jolly" paper when it arrives, so I needed to use a stand-in until then.  I dug into my retired DSPs and used "Dashing".  I LOVED this paper when it was out and enjoyed using it the other night.  I may make a few cards with this paper and color combo, as well as the "Holly Jolly".  In fact, Brien said, "But I like this one!" 

I know the image is stamped crooked, and the coloring is crappy, but remember, this is a mock-up.  I'll do a much better job on my actual cards.

And, since these were mock-ups, I decided to show you another I created when trying to decide which color card base to use:
B said the red was a bit too intense and I agree, although, it's a pretty lovely card as well.  Someone will receive this card. ;o)  Additionally, I'll have to do a couple mock-ups with the "Holly Jolly" and the Cherry Cobbler to decide for certain if I'll use the red or green base.

This card uses:
Stamp Set: "Big on Christmas"
Papers: Real Red, Old Olive, Dashing DSP (retired)
Inks: Black Staz-On, Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories: dimensionals

One more improvement to this card will be to color the top of the ornament.  I've got to purchase a gold metallic ink pen...:sigh:

I played around again last night and should have  card for you for tomorrow as well. :o)

--Rach

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

um....I like the green card base better too! These are just so perfect for Christmas. Now I'm wishing I had this stamp set!
Lynn

Lissie said...

I've always loved polka dots. The cards are great. Why not use embossing powder on the top of the ornament? I'm still planning my cards ...

Lissie

Kelli said...

So cute!!! I love the DSP too and I'm happy I got my Candy Cane DSP when I did because now it's going to be gone I hear. I love all of the layers on this card and I think it's so great that you do mock ups first...smart!