Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Apple Blossoms?

I'm not certain what sort of blooms these are, whether they're apple, red plum, cherry, or some other fruit.  What I am certain of is I love this stamp. :o)  I made two cards using this stamp yesterday, one vertical, one horizontal.  Since I posted a horizontal card yesterday, I went with the vertical today. ;o)

Once again, I felt the white space was just a bit too white, so I used a background stamp to make it a bit more subtle. 

When I was younger, I really didn't care much for pink.  Now, I adore it!  Since I decided these were apple blossoms, I made an effort to color them as such.  Then, after coloring these, I realized I had colored them more like our purple plum tree blossoms than like an apple blossom.  Oh well. :oP  I used my blender pens to pick up Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink and Rose Red and tried to shade, laying on the darker color over the lighter ones. 

This card uses:
Stamp Sets: "En Francais", "Easter Blossoms"
Inks: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso
Papers: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
Accessories: Scallop border punch, Swiss dots embossing folder

This is such a sweet, feminine card, I have to find just the right girl to send it to. :o)

--Rach

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Whoa! This is STUNNING!!!! LOVE it. I even "clicked" to make it larger and your coloring on those little flowers is terrific! Beautiful card.
Lynn

Lissie said...

I love it. I can't wait to get my order from you.

Mom aka Lissie