Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blue Blossoms


My box of new SU! goodies arrived the other day and also helped jump start my mojo a bit.  I had impulsively purchased "Easter Blossoms" from the Mini, having fallen in love with the sweet silhouette of the little girl.  Unfortunately, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with her...

I also rather impulsively picked up a pack of "Springtime Vintage" DSP--I have NO idea what possessed me, as "vintage" is not something I'm very good at--and it seemed to be made to go with the dancing sweetpea.  I loved the tiny little blossoms on the blue and determined that was the paper I was going to work with. 

From there, it all seemed to fall into place.  (I assure you, even though it looks as if the image has been mounted crooked, it is in fact straigt IRL.)  The only other hurdle I had to cross was the vast emptiness of white space in the background--it just seemed too bright somehow.  I picked up the apple blossom branch and stamping off, used Baja Breeze in the background. 

I think she's pretty sweet and can't wait to play with her a little more. :o)

This card uses:
Stamp Set: "Easter Blossoms"
Inks: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
Papers: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, "Springtime Vintage DSP"
Accessories: dimensionals, Victoria lace

I'm not sure to whom I'll be sending the card, but I know it will be someone who likes blue. ;o)

--Rach

2 comments:

Lissie said...

You can send it to me. I love it! I hope I ordered that stamp set.

Mom aka Lissie

jimlynn said...

WOW! It's beautiful! Love that patterned paper you used with it - and of course, the lace! Very pretty.
Lynn