Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Daffodil Delight Makes me Smile

We recently had new carpet installed, and when we did, we moved my studio.  Everything was waiting in boxes and bags in the garage--for what felt like forever!  I had ideas--tons and tons of ideas--but no way to create them.

After a trip to IKEA, my new space was up and running (you can read about it here).  Best of all, I can make cards again!!  HOORAY!!

Last night I was just dipping my toes back in the card making pool.  You know I LOVE using yellow and black together.  :o) I wanted to make a sunny card, and I do believe this fits the bill. I know just the person I'm sending it to--they truly do make me smile. :o)

This card uses:

Stamp Sets: "Darling Dots", PTI's "Signature Greetings"
Inks: Daffodil Delight, Staz-On Black
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds

Oh the joy of stamping once more!
--Rach

1 comment:

jaydee said...

I love yellow and black together. It reminds me of a dress I owned back in the late 80s. yellow with black polka dots. I traded it on the shores of Mauritius. A woman who was selling pareos really, really, really wanted my dress. So, I traded her my dress for a couple of pareos. Because it was Christmas, her and her husband invited my husband and I for a celebratory lunch. I gave her my dress and they gave us a wonderful afternoon filled with fabulous food, singing of carols and hymns - all in 90 degree temperatures. It was glorious... oh yeah... and they couldn't speak English and my French was pathetic. But.. it didn't matter.... we communicated wonderfully!
thanks for taking me down memory lane!
hugs
jaydee
oh...yeah.. btw.. LOVE the card!