Pages

Friday, July 31, 2020

Playing with Challenging Sketches


As I mentioned in my last post, I made five cards on Wednesday. I'm not sharing two of them--they're SO bad!!--but I'll share these two. 

I was playing along with The Paper Players sketch for challenge number 501 and really struggled with it. The diagonal element in particular stymied me quite a bit. 

I finally settled on the card above, but it still felt a little too busy to my CAS loving heart. 

So, I made card number four:

Same stamps, same sentiment, but with fewer layers. I think the card above this is lovely, no question, and I really do like the combination of Granny Apple Green with Gorgeous Grape (which is such a rich color). My life is so cluttered and busy lately, this simpler card appeals more. :shrug:

Here's to less time on screens, less time scrolling, and more time being creative. It feeds my soul in a way electronics just don't. 

*******************************
Stamp Sets: Sweet Essentials, Summer Silhouettes, Branch Out (butterflies)
Paper: Heavy Whisper White, Gorgeous Grape
Ink: Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Pool Party

3 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Congrats on your win. I really do love your card #4. Well done.

Rach said...

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you so much! :o)

Rach

Candice said...

I love how both of the cards turned out! :)