Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Tiny Teacups for a Birthday


2014, huh?

Seems it's been a hot minute since I posted anything over here...

Oops!

You see, my infant turned into a toddler who turned into a real live preschooler whose only way of living seemed to be "GO GO GO!" And, before I knew it, she was starting Kindergarten and swimming (any swim families out there??) and my older daughter was off to fourth grade and art classes and cello lessons.

That was in 2015.

Because that wasn't enough, I returned to work full-time. Trying to get my feet back under me was a super huge challenge and even after 5 years, it can still feel like a struggle at times (third-grade teacher, if that helps).

All my free time was no longer "free" and was instead eaten up with lesson planning and grading and running mom's taxi service. No more time to play with paper and visit blogs. No more time to explore ideas.

No. More. Time.

ARGH!!!!

Lissie has been after me for years to get back in my stamping space and make cards and I resisted. I had ZERO mojo left. Everything just seemed to be "meh" at best.

That said, I need the crafting outlet. With the uncertainty of the upcoming school year and whatnot, I'm a leeeeeeetle bit anxious.

Enter cards!

I've made a few here or there, but not posted.

Liss started to jumpstart her mojo by playing along with The Paper Players. I used to love playing along and decided this week's challenge was right up my alley.


I figure my cards are nothing if not CAS. Perfect!

And, I needed a birthday card for Paul. Teacups for the gent who loves nothing more than a good cuppa. :o)


Here's to a nice hot cuppa and a happy birthday!

**************************
Stamp Set: Tiny Teacup, some sentiment from a long ago SU! Paper Pumpkin
Paper: Heavy Whisper White, Whisper White, Mango Melody
Ink: Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape
Miscellaneous: dimensionals to pop up the image

5 comments:

Stef Perry said...

Your line of rainbow tea cups are fabulous, a great CAS design, perfect for this challenge! You even worked in purple with the sentiment! I hope you continue to work in some crafting time in the coming months, you deserve it! Thanks for sharing your fab card with us at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Wow, I am thrilled that you chose to jump back into stamping with our 500th challenge! I remember this little teacup and I still have it myself! I LOVE the rainbow effect...perfectly CAS and perfectly wonderful! Such a fun way to celebrate our 500th challenge, thanks for playing with the Players!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Thanks for picking our challenge to kickstart the mojo and make your "return"!! We sure appreciate it - and it's with SUCH a fun and sweet card!! Love that line-up of cuppas! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Paper Players! :)

Jaydee said...

Seriously... seeing this post made me smile! My how the time has flown... so glad to have you back and so glad you could jumpstart your mojo with our 500th challenge. The yellow frame is perfect to highlight your wonderful polka dot cups. Love to both you and Lissie!
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Welcome back! I was so happy to see your perfect CAS creation in our gallery this week! You do CAS so well, and this card is so bright and cheery! Thank you for celebrating our 500th challenge with us. As a retired teacher, my thoughts are with you and your students! Hugs, Ann