Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Autumn-y Friends

 


I needed to just sit and make a card this afternoon. Being a teacher in 2020 is a whole new ballgame, let me tell you. Suffice it to say I'm exhausted. There's "teacher tired" and then there's "2020 teacher tired". Whew!

I needed a creative outlet after a very challenging day (12 out of 15 kiddos failed to do an assignment I EXPLICITLY told them to do and I was done). 

Where do you go to find mojo when you have none? Why, to The Paper Players' Challenge, of course! 

This week was a color challenge from Ann, and my autumn-loving heart leapt with joy! 


I dug out one of my favorite little sets, "Trendy Trees", found my stamp-a-majig and got to work. I paired it with a sentiment from the "Lovely You" stamp set and voila! 


Then I had to remake the card because, well, Cajun Craze the stamp-a-majig and my arm collided with the card. 

I decided I didn't like the bling on the card that much anyhow so was more than happy to go ahead and remake it...at least that's what I told myself. ;oP 


Honestly, though, my CAS heart just loves the final form of the card--I couldn't be more pleased. :o)

*************************
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Whisper White
Inks: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Cinnamon Cider, Mossy Meadow
Stamp Sets: Trendy Trees, Lovely You

Notes: 

I stamped off the "leaves"
I "rock and rolled" the Crushed Curry with the Cajun Craze with the yellow leaves


3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

CAS perfection, Rach! I LOVE these adorable trees. As a retired teacher, my heart goes out to those of you in the classroom this year! Thank you for playing in my color challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Beautiful Rach - your trio of trendy trees is just perfect and I love the way you framed them - and rescued your card from your ink-cident! Thanks for playing along with our colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Super cute! Was tickled that you used your stamp-a-ma-jig! One of my fave tools of all time. Teaching-in-the-time-of-COVID....not for the faint of heart, for sure. God bless you with patience and stamina! And more mojo for making lovely cards like this one! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at The Paper Players! :)