Pages

Monday, August 10, 2020

Always Love You

 

I'm starting to get that "summer is almost over it's mid-August and I have to go back to work" feeling. ARGH!!

Summers are so important to teachers. We need that time to recharge our batteries after giving 200% of ourselves during the year. This coming year is nothing but uncertainty and looks like it's going to be one heck of a roller coaster ride...

I'm trying to put off those thoughts. All of them. Darn it all! I don't "return" until the 25th, so I still have time! Forget about that deep cleaning that still needs to happen! There's always time for that! :oP Let me get in the offudio and create!

Liss and I have a new Saturday and Sunday morning routine. Saturday we check to see The Paper Players' design team picks for the week and then Sunday we check out the newest challenge

I know I said earlier I usually have an easy time with colors. Well, this time, I struggled a bit. Then I looked at my desk and saw a brand new stamp set staring at me, and I knew. :o) 

This is proving to be a versatile and lovely little set and I'm off to play some more. :o) 

As for work...well...it can wait. ;o)


******************************************

Stamp Sets: Branch Out (butterflies--oh how I love those little butterflies!), Field of flowers

Paper: Whisper White (heavy and regular), Night of Navy

Ink: Night of Navy, Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, Pool Party

Miscellaneous: brayer


How to:

I used the brayer to lightly put in the Pool Party for the background. Because I didn't want it super dark, I rolled it off on a scrap piece of paper and then rolled it on my paper. 

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Rach, this is a perfectly wonderful way to incorporate these colors...love that big sentiment and little row of flowers! And I am praying for ALL the teachers this year!! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Crafting4friends said...

A beautiful card, wishing you all the best at work as you return. X

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Wow - this is absolutely gorgeous - so simple and clean. And yes - I LOVE the Field of Flowers set, too, and you really used it to rock our challenge!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful project with us this week at The Players! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Rach this is just the kind of card I love to make and send - crisp, clean and every colour balancing the others. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!