Pages

Friday, August 7, 2020

For the Newlyweds--A Paper Players Challenge

In an effort to keep the mojo flowing, I'm continuing to play along with The Paper Players

This week's challenge was a theme from Laurie:


I had to give this challenge quite a bit of thought. I'll be honest, Brien and I aren't the most romatical of couples so I wouldn't create a really fancy card for him. And, I'm fresh out of weddings to attend. That said, It never hurts to have a card in your stash for those "just in case" emergencies. In my building at school, you never know when you might need a shower card, and to be honest, in the middle of the year, I don't have as much time to craft as I would like. 

I thought about the next wedding we have coming up in the building (in October if Covid behaves!). The sweet bride is a modern young woman with elegant yet simple taste. 

I pulled out my embossing folders to see if anything inspired me (since I have NO stamps that did so) and lo and behold, there was this gorgeous paisley swirly one. :o) 

Because I'm not sure what her "colors" are, I went with my favorite, the lovely Smoky Slate. However, it still didn't "pop" with me like I wanted it to so I pulled out my pearls and starting putting them in all the holes. (Anyone else find their "pokey tool" is a godsend when placing bling?)

The pearls were the thing! I finished it off with the beautiful scripted "For the Newlyweds" from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in the lower right corner. 

Perfect! :o) 

I don't know if we'll be together to celebrate this beautiful couple, but I do know how USPS works so I'll get this card to Miss Madison one way or another. ;o)

****************************
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White (heavy and regular), Smoky Slate
Ink: Smoky Slate
Miscellaneous: Basic Pearls for the win!! 

5 comments:

Allisa said...

Such a gorgeous CAS card, love the added pearls! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Anonymous said...

You make the BEST cards! What talent you have. --Mom

Anne Marie Hile said...

Simply stunning! Love the pearl detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Jeanne H said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Nice to see you posting again.

Candice said...

It's so pretty AND cute -- nice and simple, and tasteful. :)