Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Outside My Comfort Zone

Sometimes I just like to think and stamp outside the box so to speak, as was the case with both of these cards.

I had been using my acrylic blocks inked up as a background/focal image for a number of cards when I decided to use a couple of them to create an abstract card. 

I began by inking up my blocks and stamping off once on a scrap piece of paper before stamping once on this card...

...and then again on this card, thereby creating softer images.  

I wanted to move the eye across and down to the lower right corner where I had thought to add the sentiment, so I stamped the blocks accordingly. 


I finished the cards by mounting the images on a piece of Coastal Cabana, stamped the sentiment and added a pearl as an accent.

They're not my usual style, but I thought they were fun and a nice break from my "norm".

--Rach

These cards use:

*Stamp Set: "Express Yourself"
*Inks: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush
*Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana
*Accessories: pearls

No comments: