Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wanna Scoop?

I thought the "Mouthwatering" stamp set was the most wonderful stamp set for summer and just had to have it.  HAD to, I tell you. 

And then, it sat there.

And sat there.

And sat there.

And sat there.  Collecting dust. 

Holy smokes!  How could a stamp set with so much promise be so hard to use?!? 

I finally settled on stamping the image on a scrap of white and cutting it out--I figured I could do something with that, right?

So, I carefully colored, stamped and cut out the ice cream cones, and they just sat there. 

And sat there.

And sat there.

And sat there.

Are you sensing a theme here? :oP

Then, I began playing around with using the acrylic blocks to stamp blocks of color for a focal point, and that was it!  Perfect! 

I finished with the sentiment stamped underneath and popped the ice cream up on dimensionals.  :o)

Whew!  I did it!
For this card, I had the sentiment already cut and mounted lying on my desktop so I used it instead. 


Either way, it makes for a fun card.  :o)

--Rach

This card uses:

*Stamp Sets:  "Four You", "Mouthwatering", "Curly Cute"
*Inks: Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Garden Green, Real Red, Baked Brown Sugar
*Paper: White card stock, whisper white, Coastal Cabana
*Accessories: dimensionals

1 comment:

Jess said...

I like the Happy Birthday card!!!