Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

More Back To School

For some reason this little girl--from the set Greeting Card Kids--reminds me that schools are opening all over the country (even though she is holding a heart and not a book or backpack). When Rachael was here, she taught me how to use an Aquapainter and watercolor paper to create a softer image. We first stamped images using permanent black ink (StazOn) and then using an Aquapainter slowly added color using the ink in the lid of the stamp pad. (You squeeze the pad together with your hands so that ink is deposited in the lid.) I had a pack of Tempting Turquoise DSP and decided to use it along with Real Red card stock because I liked the Real Red Ribbon and wanted to use it. To add interest I used my Spiral Border Punch and then tilted the image a bit. Here's a complete list of supplies I used:
  • Tempting Turquoise DSP
  • Real Red and Tempting Turquoise Card Stock
  • Aquapainter
  • Real Red Ribbon
  • Tempting Turquoise Button
  • Inks: Blush Blossom, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, StazOn Black, Sahara Sand, Real Red
When I finished the card I added the saying. Isn't it a shame after all that work I didn't stamp it straight?

--Lissie

2 comments:

Rach said...

Holy cow this is CUTE!! And, another fabulous layout! I keep struggling with layouts for this set. You seem to have no trouble at all. Color me jealous. :oP

Bailey's Leaf said...

The slightly tipped saying doesn't bother me since the layout of the card is at an angle anyhow.

Gorgeous!