Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Playing with Purple

Having gotten my feet wet in the "challenge" sites pool, so to speak, I've decided to branch out a bit. I wandered over to the Pals Paper Arts site and found this week's challenge intriguing. The challenge was to make a monochromatic card using purple. Now then, purple isn't one of my most favorite colors, but I figured I could give it a go. It should be noted, I had NEVER made a card using Elegant Eggplant prior to this one and was lamenting the retirement of Pale Plum. I have to say, I'm pleased with the results.

I drew a light line across the card face to create a bottom for the flowers, and using the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, got the flowers aligned. It came together in no time.

This card uses (unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Sets: "Darling Dots", PTI "Signature Greetings"
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum

And, because I wanted to get out my retired Pale Plum, card number two:

Paper and inks: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum

It's funny, there is more contrast with this card, but it looks washed out compared to the first one. It's easy to see the Color Renovation created more intense, bolder color families. :o)

Anyhow, I do like both cards, in spite of the purple. ;oP

--Rach

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

OH SO PRETTY!!!! Love how you lines those up so perfect! Just great.
Lynn

Lissie said...

I like the simplicity.

Lissie

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, classy card! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this cleanand simple look - so stylish! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

jaydee said...

Rach, fabulous job lining up the flowers - and I love the sentiments, too. I love the second one with the Plum, too.
Great job on both cards.
hugs
jaydee