Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Loads of Love (Still Thinking About Autumn)

When Rachael came to visit, she brought my Stampin' Up order. For years I've considered the stamp set, Loads of Love, and I finally made the decision to purchase it. Today was the first day I had time to stamp; it was not possible with a house full of company. Better the company than stamping, however, so I put my card making on hold. When I began to design this card, I had to decide what load, if any, I would put in the truck bed. Once I decided to go with pumpkins, my next decision was to figure out what other colors and DSP to use. As I leafed through my DSP sets, I spied Washington Apple and knew this was the set to use because the colors are Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, and Ridinghood Red. I also decided to try water coloring on regular white card stock and was pleasantly surprised by the results, though next time I'll probably use water color paper. After I put the card together, I decided to pierce the red paper behind the truck. I'll probably add a sentiment when I send the card, but I'm not sure yet what it will be or where I will put it, but it probably will go at the top of the red paper.

Supplies I used:
  • Ink colors--Sahara Sand, Close to Cocoa (retired), Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Ridinghood Red.
  • DSP--Washington Apple
  • Card stock--Bashful Blue and Ridinghood Red
  • Ribbon--Ridinghood Red
  • Aquapainter
--Lissie

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

So cute and I also just love this stamp set! It was actually one of the first sets I ever got. You put just the right paper with it. So cute.
Lynn

Rach said...

Oh, Mom, what a sweet layout! This is a wonderful card! :o)

Kelli said...

This really makes me want Fall to be here more and more. I love the pumpkins. Again, love the DSP...can't live without it. The water coloring is again beautiful. One day I will be able to do it.