Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Another Ugly one

Most of the time I am satisfied with the cards I make. I plan each one carefully, and generally can envision it in my head before I make it. When I was young and made some of my own clothes, I could do the same thing with a pattern and fabric. I could "see" the results when picking out the right cloth and the perfect pattern. So, it was with confidence that I tackled this card. I knew I wanted to use red and black again, a favorite combination. But it all went pear shaped, as the British say. I've over-analyzed what the problem is and have come to the conclusion that it is the stamp I used in the circle. The shapes are simply too big for the rest of the card. Since no one will want to make this card, I hesitate to post what I used, but here goes:
  • Designer Series Paper--Cerise
  • Card Stock--Real Red and Basic Black
  • Stamp Set--Circle Circus
--Lissie

3 comments:

Rach said...

But the red and black are a wonderful combination. :o) The layout is fabulous as well. It's just a bit too busy, that's all.

Jess said...

Cerise is the perfect shade ever! ;-)

I agree, the circle flowers are too big.

jimlynn said...

This is not ugly AT ALL!! I really like it.
Lynn