Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday Butterflies

Grandma's birthday is Sunday and I wanted to create a card I knew she would love.  Grandma's favorite color is pink and she has always loved butterflies--more so now that we've lost Hannah, as she (like us) views them as a symbol of the Monkey.

So, all I had to do was combine pink and butterflies. No problem!  I remembered how much I had enjoyed working with a similar color combination on a Paper Players challenge and pulled out Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla and went to work.

"Just Believe" is an incredibly beautiful, feminine set and lent itself perfectly to meet my needs.  I knew the "Beautiful Wings" embosslits would coordinate wonderfully with the set as well. 

I love it when a card just comes together. :o) 

Because it's a birthday card for a very special lady, I decided to bling it up a bit.  I used Dazzling Diamonds on the flowers and butterflies, and then went a step further, adding pearls as well.

I just knew "Curly Cute" would be the perfect sentiment to accompany such a pretty card.  :o)

And, you know me, I had to add a little something to the inside.  I mimicked the scalloping on the outside and added a butterfly, Dazzling Diamonds and pearls as well.  I left plenty of space to write a personal message to Grandma.

This card uses:
Stamp Sets: "Just Believe", "Curly Cute"
Papers: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery textured card stock
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, "Beautiful Wings" embosslit, Dazzling Diamonds, pearls

It's such a sweet card I just want to prop it up and look at it all day. :oP  I can't WAIT to give it to Grandma. :o)

--Rach

P.S.  I'm sure I must have CASE'd this from somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember where...

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Grandma is going to love it. The details that you added are just beautiful and I love this color combination. Of course you know I love the inside!

Created by Kath said...

Very lovely, I'm sure it was loved.
http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.com/

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness! How lovely and with just the right amount of bling. A beautiful card for, I know, must be a fabulous lady.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I think you need to create some tutorials like Dawn at "Hello, stampers!" I need to learn (or relearn) how to do do many of the techniques that are second nature to you.

This card is outstanding.

Mom AKA Lissie