Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Muted Autumn Colors


I wanted to create a card with muted autumn colors. I'm particularly fond of Sage Shadow, a recently discontinued color. As I dug through my Designer Series Paper, I found Autumn Vine, a paper I've used in the past; it includes Sage Shadow. I had cased a card on Split Coast Stampers with a similar layout and decided to try it, altering it a bit. The only thing I would change about this card is the size of the oval. I think it needs to be a bit smaller because it tends to overpower the tree. Here's are the supplies I used:
  • DSP--Autumn Vine
  • Stamp Sets--Give Thanks and Forest Friends
  • Card Stock--Sage Shadow
  • Inks--Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Really Rust (the colors in the DSP)
  • Nesties--Oval and Scalloped Oval
  • Piercing Tool
  • Embossing Plate--Dots
--Lissie

3 comments:

Rach said...

Oh, Mom, this is such a sweet card! I love the way the leaves on the tree mimic the leaves in the DSP. :o)

I think you're probably right on the oval, but still it's a lovely sentiment.

Kelli said...

I LOVE this card and the piercing in the corners. Makes me really want to get my piercing tool right away!

jimlynn said...

I think it's pretty just like it is! LOVE that DP - and everything else. A perfect "fall" card.
Lynn