Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another Mosaic Madness CASE

First off, a shout out to the fine ladies at The Paper Players, Jaydee in particular, for selecting this card as their "Headliner" for their challenge last week.  Thank you SO much!!

Lissie found this card when searching for ideas for using "Mosaic Madness".  While I adored the card at once--especially the colors used!--I wanted to make it my own and create a card with a more summery feel.

This card was a royal pain in the patootie to make!  Sure, it looks simple enough, but stamping that main panel was painful and fiddly and never could have happened without grid paper and my stamp-a-ma-jig.  Eesh!  I'm good at eyeballing when it comes to cooking, putting together bulletin boards and estimating if an article of clothing is going to fit my girlies.  I'm not good at eyeballing when it comes to stamping and alignment of images...

I began by eyeballing (okay, I lied a bit up there) and drawing lines across both the horizontal and vertical midway points to not only find the center, but to also help me line up the images and space them.

I began by stamping the Calypso Coral images first and then added the Sahara Sand images after.  It doesn't look as if it would take long...yeah.


And, here's the inside.  It's simple, but effective. :o)

I do love this card, but I'm not sure I would be willing to make another anytime soon. :oP

*************************
This card uses:

*Inks: Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral
*Papers: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral, vellum
*Stamp Set: "Mosaic Madness", "Curly Cute"
*Accessories: dimensionals, pearls, mosaic punch

--Rach

No comments: