Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Beautifully Baroque Heat Embossing

I don't know about you, but when a new box of product arrives I can't wait to dive into it headfirst! :o)  Well, a shipment arrived Tuesday--as did Lissie--and I savored each new item I discovered. 

When I first saw the new SU! catty, I fell in love with the "Beautifully Baroque" stamp and embossing folder (and the Eastern Elegance DSP while we're on the subject--last night many cards were made using that DSP).  When I found the embossing folder, I knew I wanted to try out something a little different and fun. 

I inked one side of the folder with VersaMark and then ran it (and the paper) through my Big Shot (I finally have one!!!).  I decided I wanted a summery, airy feel to the card so I covered it in Pool Party embossing powder and this was the result.  :o)

I added the sentiment on a banner and backed both the paper and the sentiment with Coastal Cabana.  I'm a sucker for bling and knew pearls would be the perfect touch for finishing off the card.

Here you can see a close-up of the heat embossing.  There was residual embossing powder left on the high points, but I left it, thinking it would give the image a softer feel and a touch of definition. 

This was an incredibly easy card to make, and yet it packs a BIG punch. I'm definitely adding this to my list of go-to's when I need to make a card in a hurry!

***********************
This card uses:

*Inks: Coastal Cabana, VersaMark
*Papers: Coastal Cabana, PTI's white card stock (I feel it dry embosses better since it's slightly thicker than SU!'s Whisper White.)
*Stamp Set: Sweet Essentials
*Accessories: Pool Party embossing powder, heat gun, pearls

1 comment:

Bailey's Leaf said...

I am a bit of an embossing junkie. Delicious. If I lick it, it won't even show! ;)