Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

CAS Butterfly of Hope

The sketch over at The Paper Players has been rolling around in my head and I keep thinking of ways I can play with it. And, because I played with it, I just had to enter it...

Yesterday afternoon I was determined to use this butterfly--this utterly gorgeous butterfly I've never been able to use well--and make a lovely card.

I'm not sure where the inspiration came from, but I decided instead of using a paper circle behind the butterfly, I would sponge a sky for her.

I cut my paper sized to match my card face (3 7/8"x 5 1/8"), and placed my circle Nestie where I wanted my circle to be on my card.  I then taped the mask I made to my card face and sponged the circle using Pool Party. 

Now, I tried Soft Sky first, but it just wasn't bright enough.  However, sponging the Pool Party straight up was too intense.  Sooooo, I got some ink on the sponge (straight from the stamp pad), stamped off a couple of times and then hit my card face with the ink.  It made for a softer, subtler sky--like a really hot intense humid sky...not that I would know anything about those around these parts...:oP

I decided the best way to use the butterfly would be with her fussy cut out.  However, I knew I only wanted her partially popped up, so I stamped her once on the circle (with her right wing hanging outside the space), and then adhered her, using squishy dimensionals under her wings.

I futzed around with the sentiment and that horizontal piece for quite some time before settling on the subtlety of vellum.  I finished the card off with a few pearls--she needed a body!

It's definitely a softer, more delicate card, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me.  :o)

***********************
This card uses:

*Ink: Cameo Coral (retired--oh how I LOVE this color)
*Papers: Cameo Coral, Whisper White, PTI's white card stock for the base and mask, vellum
*Stamp Sets: "Sweet Essentials", "Strength and Hope"
*Accessories: dimensionals, pearls, glue dots (for adhering the vellum)

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! The whole card has a light, ethereal feel to it. Just like a butterfly! Very, very pretty! Thanks for playing with the Players and sharing this with us!