Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

CASEing Another Card

So...Lissie was putzing around on the 'net the other evening, looking around for ideas for a card using "Mosaic Madness".  She came across this card and fell in love.  It was decided we had to make it (oh, and let it be known she will be making a card using the colors from that card at some point!), but somehow make it our own.

Earlier in the day we were talking about retired SU! colors and which ones I was sad had gone.  I mentioned I held onto Only Orange because it was such a true orange and that I loved pairing it with Melon Mambo.  That decided it, and we needed one more color and I determined the new Strawberry Slush would be perfect with them. 

Having settled all that, we got to work. 
The card is a teeny bit labor intensive because we spent time fussy-cutting the centers for some of the images. 

I think the original card (I'll admit I didn't read the post--shame on me) used VersaMark for the image across the bottom and the sentiment.  I went ahead and used the same ink as the paper. 

We also used pearls in the place of the rhinestones, and I couldn't resist dotting the "i's" with them either. :o) 

I thought a card that labor intensive should have a lovely inside as well so we stamped the corners. 

I love the bright cheeriness of this card and am really pleased with how it turned out. :o) (Of course, would I post a card I thought was a clunker?  ;oP Well, knowing me, I just might...:oP)

*************************
This card uses:

*Inks: Melon Mambo, Strawberry Slush, Only Orange (long retired)
*Papers: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
*Stamp Sets: "Mosaic Madness", "Sweet Essentials"
*Accessories: dimensionals, pearls

--Rach

1 comment:

Bailey's Leaf said...

Lovely and the colors make me soooo happy! :)