Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Two For One with Gingham Garden

Isn't it funny how your taste in things can be all over the place?  I ask because while on the one hand I truly love CAS cards with tons of white space, and while on the other I love elegant and beautiful DSP's, on the third hand (may I borrow one of yours please as I seem to have run out of hands somewhere in there), I adore cute paper and gingham.  Absolutely adore it. 

So, when I got my hands on SU!'s "Gingham Garden" DSP, it was love at first sight.  I've made a couple of cards with stamped images using the paper, but when crafty with Lissie a couple of weeks ago, I decided to go simple and minimalist.  I mean, REALLY minimalist.  I cut paper and glued it to a base and then to doll it up added a bit of "Delicate Details" tape.  That was it.  I can go back and add an image at some point and doll it up a bit, OR, I can just leave well enough alone.  Either way, it's delightful.

But, then, I had to play some more.  I pulled out another sheet of DSP, cut it, and oh boy.  I couldn't just stop there.  There was "Gingham Garden" washi tape to be played with (I do love me some washi tape)!  There were new framelits to explore.  There were candy dots (CANDY DOTS!).  Before I knew it, we had this going on and I loved it. :o) 

A tip about using washi tape: washi is transparent and will allow whatever paper you have behind to show through.  If you want it to look as it does on the roll, adhere it to a piece of scrap white first and then cut it out.  Yes, it's a bit more work than the first card, but the end results are worth it. :o)

A crooked photo with very simple detailing on the inside.

I'll be shipping this card along with a bunch of others to Jaydee for her OWH card drive.  I encourage you to join in and send along all those cards you have lurking about.  It's for SUCH a worthy cause! :o)

***************************
This card uses:

*Inks: Island Indigo
*Papers: PTI's white card stock, Whisper White, Gingham Garden DSP
*Stamp Set: "Four You"
*Accessories: Dimensionals, Gingham Garden washi tape, candy dots, Labels Collection Framelits

--Rach

No comments: