Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mosaic Madness Birthday Card for Paul with Cutout

Paul's birthday is next week, so while I'm here in Williamsburg with Rachael, I decided to play with my brand new stamp set, Mosaic Madness to make him a card. Mosaic Madness is the most versatile set I've ever used and expect it will be Stampin' Up's biggest seller ever. I also purchased the punch and the embossing folder that complement the stamp set and decided to use all three to make the card. Then, I got the idea to punch out one of the cells on the front of the card and place one of the punched images inside the card to peek through.

After I embossed the front piece I punched out the piece at the bottom right (see below).




Next, I stamped and punched the three images. The inks I used are Gumball Green, Night of Navy, and Raspberry Ripple. I put the red and blue ones on the front of the card using demensionals so they'd pop up and glued the green one inside the card aligning it to fit perfectly into the punched-out space. 


Here on the inside of the card, I attached the birthday greeting. To make it I used one of the sentiments in the Friendly Phrases stamp set, which I cut out using a Framelit.

--Lissie







No comments: