Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Chalk Talk


This week's Paper Player's Challenge had me thinking all week. I knew that I wanted to use the stamp set, Chalk Talk but couldn't decide on a color combination. In the end I went for high contrast between Real Read and Night of Navy. The polka dotted embossing folder that I used on the red piece complemented the Night of Navy polka dotted paper, and the Real Red Candy Dots added interest to the card. I carefully placed the Candy Dots over three of the white dots on the navy paper. I also cut out and popped up--using dimensionals--the "Something" banner on the tag. The tag itself is also popped up on the card using dimensionals. Finally, I used a die to cut the bottom of the red piece to add some contrast with the white and a strip of the navy paper on the inside to finish it off.

--Lissie

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Super cute...I love the contrasting color on the tag, and your "dotty" theme going on! Fun! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun way to showcase that big, bold tag! Love the fun color combo, too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)