Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Another Challenge Card for PP158

I cannot get enough of these colors!  This is the most fun I have had with a color challenge in a long time!  I had scraps and bits of flotsam littering my desk and decided to use them to create yet another card for The Paper Players color challenge. 

I love the "Secret Garden" stamp set and coordinating framelits and thought they would make a lovely birthday card for my friend. 


I stamped them in Strawberry Slush and Crisp Cantaloupe and then colored them using the same colors and blender pens. 

I ran a piece Pear Pizzazz card stock through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain embossing folder and created a banner using it.  It just needed a bit of texture and I wanted to mimic the more natural element of the flowers.

Because I wanted to create dimension and staggered height, I adhered the bottom flower flat, the next one using one dimensional, and then stacked two dimensionals high on the top flower. 

I then ran a piece of white card stock through my Fancy Fan embossing folder and hit it with vanilla Smooch Spritz.  Can you see the shimmer in the photo?  It's hard to capture it's so subtle--yet beautiful. 

I added a banner backed by Crisp Cantaloupe and the sentiment stamped in Pear Pizzazz and finished it off with a small pearl.  Boy I've been running through pearls of late...;o)

Now to address it and get it mailed off. 

--Rach

This card uses:

*Stamp Sets: "Secret Garden", "Sweet Essentials"
*Papers: PTI's white card stock, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe
*Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzazz, Strawberry Slush
*Accessories: blender pens, pearls, Secret Garden framelits, vanilla smooch spritz, Woodgrain embossing folder, Fancy Fan embossing folder, dimensionals

No comments: