Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Of Crafting with DSP

Sometimes when I'm making cards, the Designer Series Paper (DSP) calls to me more than a stamp.  There is a stamp that coordinates with this gorgeous DSP, but I was more interested in using the paper. 

Okay, time for the truth here: Lissie and I had been crafting all day and into the evening and we were both fatiguing.  However, we knew our time to make cards together was dwindling, so we were determined to keep going.  When we get together, I ask what she wants to work on/with, and we had a list a mile long.  We were both utterly in love with the "Eastern Elegance" DSP and decided we wanted to make cards showcasing it.  Since we were both on overload at this point in the evening, and since the paper really is so beautiful, I decided we would let the paper do all the work for us.  I created three cards using the DSP and am so happy every time I look at them. :o)









There are so many different ways to use DSP and to highlight it.   With this last card, I very carefully used my 3/4" square punch, centering the parts of the paper I wanted.  I assure, this was NOT a random punching. ;o)

(Obviously I must have been in a hurry when I snapped the photos since they aren't even straight...:sigh:)

There are so many different ways to us DSP, I'm so glad we were tired that evening that I couldn't think of anything else to do.  ;o)
*************************
These cards use:

*Papers: "Eastern Elegance" DSP, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana
*Inks: Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana
*Stamp Sets: "Sweet Essentials", "Curly Cute"
*Accessories: pearls, square punch, scalloped edge punch

--Rach

No comments: