Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Focusing on White (Again)



I bought a pack of Quatrefancy DSP and was struck by how lush and vibrant the colors are. Last time I posted, I mentioned that too much of a good thing can just be too much. So, as I mulled over what to do with this paper that I love, I decided to use a lot of white to counterbalance the intense color. Again, this is a clean and simple card, but I think it packs a bit of a punch. Here's what I used:

Embossing Folder: Stripes
DSP: Quatrefancy
Cardstock: Whisper White
Nestabilities: Large Circle
Stamp Set: Celebrate Everything

After I cut the circle, I decided to lop off a bit of the right side. Before I cut it, however, I laid the circle on the cardstock and used a scrap to cover the right side that hung over the edge to see if I liked a cropped circle. I then decided to pop up both the circle from the card and the banner from the circle using dimensionals.

--Lissie

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

Oh, I love everything about this card!!! Fantastic way to use the DP and love the embossing too. So very pretty.
Lynn