Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lemonade, Anyone?

One of my all time favorite stamp sets is "Tart and Tangy".  I'm not sure why, it may be my love of all things tart and tangy and citrusy.  It may be because it's such an easy set for me to use.  It may be because I simply adore bright sunny yellow and retired Yo Yo Yellow is perfect for lemons.  Who knows?

What I do know is I recently made an Atlantic Beach pie and it made me think of this card, all tart and tangy and slightly sweet and delicious.  :o)

This was another card I made while dropping Lil at Lissie's for Lissie Camp.  I stamped random lemons all over the base.  On a piece of scrap I stamped still more lemons, "sugared" them using glue and glitter, and punched them using a 1.25" circle punch. 

I then cut a couple of those lemon slices into pieces and popped them up on dimensionals. I was thinking of lemonade and Country Time came to mind and I decided the sentiment was perfect in Lucky Limeade. ;o)

Isn't glitter fabulous? 

Alas, this card will not be shipped with the OWH cards due to the glitter.  No glitter allowed.  But, it's still a fun card. :o)

I had leftover lemon slices and wedges and began playing around with a blank card base.  I figured why waste 'em and stuck 'em down.  The top looked a bit nakey, so I hit it with some Gingham Garden washi tape. 

And, hey, why not do one in a vertical as well? ;o)

--Rach

*****************************
This card uses:

*Ink: Yo Yo Yellow (retired)
*Paper: Whisper White, PTI's white for the card base
*Stamp Sets: "Perfectly Penned", "Tart and Tangy" (retired)
*Accessories: dimensionals, glitter, glue

No comments: