Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Get Well Lady Bugs for Hadley


My cousin's baby is sick and has been hospitalized for quite some time, and I wanted to create a cheery card to send to brighten up her room a bit.  I found a fun sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and thought it would be perfect!

I had already settled on using the ladybugs from "Darling Dots" (I do so love red and black as a color combo) and colored them with markers and fussy cut them so I could mount them on the circles using dimensionals.

I continued the dots theme throughout the card using the dotted DSP and the Swiss dots embossing folder. 

All I need to do now is write my message to sweet Hadley on the inside and ship it off. 

--Rach

This card uses:
*Stamp Sets: "Darling Dots" (retired hostess), "Teeny Tiny Wishes"
*Papers: Cerise (retired DSP), Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red
*Inks: Real Red, Basic Black
*Accessories: dimensionals, 1" and 1.25" circle punches, Itty Bitty Banners framelits, Swiss dots embossing folder

4 comments:

Linda Suarez said...

Very sweet card! Those little ladybugs are adorable - this is a lovely get well card. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

jaydee said...

Rach, you KNOW that the repetition of all of those circles just makes me happy! What a gorgeous card for sweet Hadley. She's still in my prayers.
Hugs
Jaydee

Rita W said...

Such a sweet card. Ladybugs are just so cheerful, so I think you made a perfect card to send. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

mplsbetty said...

Adorable card! Love those ladybugs!