Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Washi Tape Pennants

When we dropped Lil off with Lissie last week, I spent some time making cards with Liss.  As I mentioned before, she'll tell me techniques she wants to work on, or give me ideas of items she'd like to play with and I work from there.

Well, it seems Liss has fallen into the washi wagon just as full as I have and she wanted to play with the Gingham Garden washi tape. 

Hey, I'm good with that!  I stretched it out on a piece of Whisper White card stock and then used the pennant punch, turning it first one way and then the other to get cute little pennants. :o)

They looked too plain on the card front by themselves, so I punched out and mounted them on Melon Mambo. 

I stretched a couple of strips of washi across the bottom of the card front, cut a banner and adhered the sentiment, and punched holes in the pennants and threaded baker's twine through them and put it all together. 

I simply love that piece of Melon Mambo gingham and decided to incorporate it into the card and love how it balances out the pennants on the top. 

I mirrored the inside on the outside, and now have a sweet little (much belated...) birthday card to send out to my niece. :o)

--Rach

*******************************
This card uses:

*Papers: Gingham Garden DSP, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
*Inks: Melon Mambo
*Stamp Set: (I can't remember!! Liss, a little help, please!)
*Accessories: dimensionals, Gingham Garden washi tape, baker's twine

2 comments:

Bailey's Leaf said...

I'm always good with party pendants! Hooray! So pretty!

Bailey's Leaf said...

Obviously, I need to add 'pennant' to my spelling list. Oops! I still love them even if I don't know how to spell it!