Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Snappy Birthday

I thought we could take a break from "Summer Silhouettes" for a bit--don't worry, there are a ton more--and I could share another of my OWH cards.

I know the military personnel will be wanting to send birthday cards home to their kiddos, so I tried to make a few that would be fun for a child to receive. :o)

I inked half my "D" acrylic block with So Saffron, and half with Soft Sky and stamped it on my paper.  I then stamped Mr. Crab and colored him in using my blender pen and my Calypso Coral stamp pad.  

I stamped Mr. Clam on a sheet of scrap and added the party hat.  I colored them in (Sahara Sand for Mr. Clam and Soft Sky and Calypso Coral for his fiesta wear) using blender pens and stamp pads and fussy cut them out. They were mounted using a dimensional to make them "pop". 

And, because I had them lying around and thought them way too fun, Mr. Crab wound up with a pair of googly eyes. :o)

--Rach

This card uses:

*Stamp Set: "Crab and Company" (retired)
*Inks: Black Staz-On, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral, Sahara Sand
*Papers: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, small scrap of This and That DSP
*Accessories: Dimensionals, googly eyes

1 comment:

Bailey's Leaf said...

You just can't go wrong with googley eyes. It's like glitter.