Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

More Delicate Doilies


I am posting this card because I wanted to show the effects of breaking the graphic design rule about trapped white space. Generally, it should be avoided because the eye is immediately drawn to it. Also, the top doily looks like it is floating in space because it is not anchored to anything. And that is what is wrong with this card. It's one of those cards I made and was going to toss, but decided to post it because Rachael is always preaching to "keep it real" by showing our work warts and all. The color combination is okay--the two greens are complements of the red--but also does not thrill me probably because the Strawberry Slush overpowers the other two.  Here's what I used:

Inks: Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, and Coastal Cabana
Stamp Set: Delicate Doilies

No comments: