Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mouthwatering Summer

I really have been trying to challenge myself to use "virgin" rubber, inking up sets that I simply had to have and then floundered when it came time to use them.  You think a set will be oh so versatile and fun and then your mojo runs away from home.  :sigh:

So, I pulled out my "Mouthwatering" set and determined I would use it, no matter what!

I inked the watermelon using Strawberry Slush and Garden Green and stamped about ten slices.  I then fussy cut them out and tried to figure out what in the world I was going to do with them...

I thought about watermelon and that led to thoughts of picnics, and picnics led to thoughts of picnic tables and tablecloths which in turn led me to "Domestic Goddess" DSP. 

It's a simple little card, but mounting that big ol' honkin' slice of watermelon on that little rectangle of a table really made me happy. 

I finished it off by stamping the "hello" from "Four You" and added a tiny little bling.  I can't help it.  Bling is a good thing. ;o)



This card uses:

*Papers: PTI's white card stock, whisper white, "Domestic Goddess" DSP
*Inks: Strawberry Slush, Garden Green, Pool Party
*Stamp Sets: "Mouthwatering", "Four You"
*Accessories: rhinestones, dimensionals

--Rach

No comments: