Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Color Challenge Colors Continue

Oh my goodness!! I'm so excited I can't stand it!  This card was selected as the Headliner over at the Paper Players!  Thank you SO much, Sandy!! :o)  I'm honored!

And, speaking of that color challenge, I may have mentioned I found it very inspiring.  I may have even submitted a couple of cards.  I may have also mentioned I was playing around with scraps on my desktop. 

But, did I mention I couldn't stop making cards in Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush and Pear Pizzazz?  I think I have a problem...;o)

As I may have previously mentioned, I had stamped and die cut quite a few flowers (and leaves!) from the "Secret Garden" stamp set, and I was determined to use them!  I picked up the flower and leaves, fussed with it for a bit, and voila! another card was born. :oP

I ran a piece of card stock through my Big Shot using a swirly Cuttlebug embossing folder, mounted it on the Crisp Cantaloupe, stamped the sentiment and created a banner, and used a scrap of the Pear Pizzazz I had already embossed for another banner.  I got everything placed where I wanted it and adhered it. 

There's nothing quite like a card that just comes together in a snap. :o)  Sometimes it's a struggle (I have a few of those I'll be sharing in the coming days), and other times it almost seems they make themselves.

This card (as well as so many of the others I have recently posted) will be joining a stack of others on their way to Jaydee for her OWH card drive.  I don't know about you guys, but I typically create two of any card I make (I figure I'm already cutting the card stock so I might as well), meaning this way I can keep one and send one.  Or, in the case of OWH, I'll just send them all. :o)

And, because I believe in keeping it real, I had just cleaned up the desktop (I've been crafting like a fiend for days), and found my paper worktop is just a wee smidge uh...used.  That's the word for it, right?  Can you identify the stamp sets I've been working with? ;o)

--Rach

This card uses:

*Stamp Sets: "Secret Garden", "Curly Cute"
*Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzazz, Strawberry Slush
*Papers: Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, Pear Pizzazz, Crisp Cantaloupe
*Accessories: swirly embossing folder, Woodgrain embossing folder, "Secret Garden" framelits

No comments: