Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

More Summer Silhouettes

So, have you ever made a card, been pleased with how it's going and then get a smudge of ink where you REALLY don't want it? 

Yup, that's what happened with this card.  I had stamped the focal square using Gumball Green, masked it off using some washi tape, and stamped the leaves from "Summer Silhouettes" and I'll be darned if the mask wasn't big enough and I didn't wind up with ink in the upper right hand corner.  ARGH!!

I had stamped these flowers in Raspberry Ripple (stamped off first) and fussy cut them out, and figured I could use them somehow to cover my mistake.  Perfect!

I made a second version placing the sentiment in a different location. 

I think both cards work, and like the white space in the one on the left, while the one on the right seems a bit more balanced.  Hm. 

Some other details.  While I stamped off to get the lighter colored flowers, I used the Raspberry Ripple again to add the centers to the flowers.  That's also RR on the small blossoms on the leaves.  I stamped them without using my Stamp-a-ma-jig and am thinking I would have been better off doing so.  Oh well.  Live and learn. 

--Rach

This card uses:

*Stamp Sets: "Sweet Essentials", "Summer Silhouettes"
*Papers: PTI's white card card stock, Raspberry Ripple
*Inks: Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
*Accessories: dimensionals

No comments: